aStore Proxy for amazon affiliates
Would you like your aStore to be inline rather than in a frame or iframe?
Also, would you like to get complete visit statistics and make your aStore search
engine friendly (astore seo)? aStore Proxy is the solution.
aStore SEO, Better Usability, Realtime aStore Traffic Tracking and Increased Contextual Ad Revenue
What is aStore Proxy?
is a software that you can install on your web server to enable
your Amazon aStore to be inline within your website rather than placing it in
a frame or iframe.
Enter your aStore URL to see how aStore Proxy works
or simply visit
The Web Entreprenuer Store
Note: The url you enter should be your astore link on amazon.com and not
your website url where you currently place your astore in the frame. Something like
astore.amazon.com/yourstore-20 or astore.amazon.co.uk/yourstore-21.
aStore Proxy works with astores from all the countries that Amazon operates (United States,
United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan and Canada).
is a great way
for Amazon affiliates to quickly build an ecommerce store front without writing any code.
However, it has a few drawbacks for the affiliates. They are listed below
- Your aStore is on Amazon's aStore website (astore.amazon.com for example)
and not your own website.
- This makes it difficult to provide a seemless navigation between your website
and your aStore.
- Forcing you to typically place the aStore in an iframe.
- Even then, navigation within the aStore does not bring back the top of your page.
Read this amazon associate forum message for more information on this subject.
- Further, it's not possible to change the iframe height dynamically
as the user navigates various pages within your aStore where each page has
a different height.
- You are passing on your pagerank (link juice) to Amazon's astore website rather than
keeping it internal.
- Pages within your aStore will not appear in the search because the aStore links
contain the session id. Check this forum article that talks about session id.
- Further, not possible to provide unique content for each product on your aStore to
make your aStore product pages rank well.
- aStore statistics are available only when there is a checkout. So you
don't have complete website statistics. Read this amazon associate forum message for more information on this subject.
- Due to lack of complete aStore visitor statistics, you can't effectively
use AdWords or other CPC advertising. Check out this digitalpoint forum thread on the topic of Amazon aStore and Adwords.
- Some webmasters prefer to link to astore instead of embedding it with an iframe.
This is good to mix content and product recommendations and works well for SEO.
However, once the user visits the aStore, there is a good chance that the user may leave
to some other site without buying anything through the aStore. In this case, not only are you
not able to make any affiliate commission, you are also not able to engage
the user on your site further so that you could either try to sell something
else or make money from your adsense or other pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
aStore Proxy Benefits (aStore SEO, Usability and more)
- Inline Your existing aStore displayed inline rather than in a frame or iframe.
- Seamless You can maintain a better look and feel, your site branding and seemless
navigation providing a better user experience.
- Page Titles Your aStore page titles become part of your website.
- Look and Feel You get better control over the aStore layout and alignment.
- astore SEO You can do further search engine optimization for your aStore.
- Keywords aStore product pages only have title tag and not the keywords meta tag.
aStore Proxy automatically inserts a keywords meta tag with the title of the content. This
is useful with search engines that rely on keywords meta tag.
- Unique content You can provide product specific unique content. Check our
astore proxy example astore and click on the first product to see
additional content at the top.
- Targeted audience With the ability to provide content by product, you can mix
product descriptions and comments from other languages like Spanish and Chinese if your
website is mainly targeted towards foreign-speaking audience living in your Amazon affiliate
- Search Index The session ids are removed making the internal pages of the aStore
to be indexable.
- Visit Statistics You can track complete aStore statistics and not just when a
- Ad Optimization You can estimate your Orders-To-Clicks ratio in realtime and
plan your CPC advertising more accurately.
- Amazon Widgets Have you felt that your astore homepage is pretty static? Well,
you can put a dynamic amazon widget (including your own astore widget that displays
random products from your astore) on your astore pages. You can promote special offers
during holiday seasons using relevant affiliate banners.
- Endless No, this is not about Amazon's new endless.com website, but to say
that the possibilities are endless!
- Wordpress Blog Some of our customers have used astore proxy along with their
wordpress blog and made a unique store with rich content to improve their search engine
ratings and convert better by offering their blog visitors to relevant products with a
a seamlessly integrated inline store.
"The average business metrics improvement after a usability redesign is now 83%.
This is substantially less than 6 years ago, but ROI remains high because usability
is still cheap relative to gains" - Usability ROI Declining, But Still Strong.
Also, take a look at this nice forum thread on how to increase site conversion.
Is it better than the competition?
- We are the first to come up with this idea and been longer than anyone in
this. Also, we worked with many affiliates on different web hosting platforms
and content management systems to integrate aStore into their main site.
- Some solutions are provided as a free service, but the software stays with
them. You don't know if they are link hijacking costing you affiliate fee.
- Further, as more affiliates register these free stores, the load on the
server makes them very slow against costing affiliate fee.
- There are some monthly subscription based solutions. However, we charge a onetime fee for the software.
- Some solutions require you to have a high-end hosting solution since they try to pull lots of data from Amazon using the Amazon
Web Services. This is fine for some type of stores, but if you are getting started with simple affiliate website, this may not be the
- Also, when users search on aStore, the results are displayed by Amazon giving the most appropriate results. If the search is
implemented by the custom solution, it's results quality may not be good since implementing Google like keyword search is difficult
and requires lot more server resources.
If you prefer quality software that resides on your server and also get an
excellent support, then aStore Proxy is the right solution for you.
How does it work?
Easy. You install aStore Proxy software on your server and do simple configuration,
create a html template of your main web page that contains your inline aStore
and you are good to go. Everytime a user visits your inline aStore page on your
website and browses it, the corresponding page is pulled from amazon's aStore
server, the links in it are rewritten to point back to your website and then dipslay
the aStore page. Any clicks within the aStore goes back to the aStore Proxy script
that then repeats the process fetching the page from Amazon's aStore server.
Is the use of aStore Proxy allowed under Amazon TOS?
Used the associates feedback form and asked
"Is it allowed to use a proxy software on my webserver and fetch my
aStore content and blend it with the rest of my website html and
display it rather than using an iframe?"
and the reply was
"As long as you display all the content of your aStore, then yes
you can use the software on your server to obtain the content to
display on your web site. You are not required to use an iframe."
aStore Proxy displays all the content of an aStore.
Visit The Web Entreprenuer Store, an example
astore created using aStore Proxy script.
How do I get started?
Please read the terms
and if you decide to
buy aStore Proxy then email
for system requirements
(what your website hosting solution should support to run aStore Proxy).
Please indicate your website, hosting infrastructure (linux vs windows, support for cgi scripts, perl and php) so that we can try to evaluate if aStore Proxy works for you or not. Please check the list of web hosting solutions with discount coupons
known to work for our customers.
|Single Domain License||$19.99 USD|
|Unlimited Domain License|
(for personal use only)
This is not a get rich quick scam, but a clever technical solution
for a real annoying problem. Once you get your aStore show up inline using aStore
Proxy, you still need to do all the hardwork required to get visitors to your
website, astore seo etc. aStore Proxy is only a first step that helps get your aStore
content directly on your website.
aStore Proxy software is no way associated with Amazon
© 2008 - 2011 astoreproxy.com